Breakfasts are one of those meals of the day we cannot go without. A good breakfast meal plan will provide the prerequisite energy necessary to keep you going throughout the day. With myriad diabetic meal recipes, you have great choices for your breakfast meals. Similarly, there are many diabetic breakfast recipes to choose from. Most of these recipes have verified nutritional importance for overall health. Other recipes have healthy snacks included in them. This is in an effort to beat those abnormal cravings after limited high carb or high-calorie snacks. Discussed below, are a majority of the top, easy diabetic breakfast recipes you can prepare at home too.
Healthy Diabetic Breakfast Recipes
A combination of food components in each serving is important. To effectively manage and maintain diabetes, taking healthy meals is not a choice. For your breakfast, try one of these recipes.
Hearty Multi-grain Pancakes
Pancakes have been a major breakfast recipe for decades now. Waking up to a one or two whole grain pancakes keeps you energized and full. Whole wheat flour or oat flour makes these pancakes yummy and hearty. Here’s what you need;
- A quarter cup of all-purpose flour.
- A quarter cup of whole meal wheat or oat flour.
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Half a cup of fat-free milk.
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil and egg substitute.
- Pour all the flour varieties into a large bowl and mix.
- Combine the milk with canola oil, then add the egg substitute.
- Add the resulting mixtures together until just moistened.
- Pour about a quarter of the resulting paste onto a greased hot pan or griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on the top. Cook the other side until it turns golden brown.
- With these ingredients and following the procedure, you will yield about 4 – 5 pancakes.
Nutritional Value of these diabetic Breakfast recipes
These pancakes have the right recommended value for each food component. Eating just two of this pancake yields 559 Mg of Sodium, 3 grams of Fiber, 9 grams of Proteins, 20 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of saturated fats.
Among other diabetic breakfast recipes, Spiced Bacon twists are great for great for a breakfast.
Spiced Bacon Twists Recipe
Many people prefer bacon to other breakfast meal varieties. In this case, a sweet and mouth-watering delicious bacon twists are worth your time. They take only 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes if you prefer them baked. Moreover, if you want them crispy, you can cook extra longer.
- Quarter cup of packed brown sugar
- About 10 center-cut bacon strips(depends on number of people)
- One and a half teaspoon of ground mustard
- A pinch of Cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- Put together the mustard, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Rub or roll over the bacon on both sides.
- Twist the bacon and place the twists in baking pan.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees. The more time you bake, the better is the result.
Spiced bacon twists have a favorable nutritional value that is approved by major nutritionists and dietitians. Each of these diabetic breakfast recipes will yield 75 calories, 4 grams of fat with 1 gram saturated fat, 212 milligrams of sodium, 5 grams proteins and 6 grams of carbohydrates.
Try one of these diabetic breakfast recipes and kick start your day with a defined and healthy outlook of your lifestyle. Good Luck!